2.05.2011

A fun weekend...

We decided to get out of the house this weekend and go do something fun!  Daron and I had seen a commercial on TV for the "Glendale Chocolate Affaire" and thought that looked like something cool to go to...so Daron looked into it a little more and we went over early this afternoon...
It was fun!  There were lots of food vendors there, some with cool chocolate things, and some with just carnival type food.  There were some kids rides, like a bouncy house and a rock climb and a little ferris wheel.  They also had some romance novelists there for book signings...and live music!  We walked around and ate a lot of crappy for you but really good to eat food!

Hannah and I sharing a chocolate dipped cheesecake....SO YUMMY!
Hannah and the fried pickles
Bryan struggling to eat a fried pickle

Everyone enjoying their chocolate covered apple!




6 comments:

mom said...

Looks like fun...but I think I would pass up the fried pickle. I am glad you guys have good family time on weekends.

Daron Wilson said...

It was a blast... I know I was there.... Love you Katy!!!

Wilkerson Family said...

I love things like that, it sounded like a lot of fun. And chocolate dipped cheesecake YUM.

Have you been to The Olive Mill in Queen Creek? If not you should go and take a tour. We went for lunch before we moved. I thought it was cool. We got to sample a bunch of different olive oils and see how they're made. That may sound strange, but it's amazing how different fresh olive oil tastes.

Unknown said...

Hmmm fried pickle. Sounds intriguing.

Lisa and Dan said...

Yummm...that chocolate covered cheese cake looks really yummy! Especially right now. I'm trying not to eat sweets for a week, because I have had so many lately. Every time I have something sweet, I eat it like crazy, like it's the last time I'll every get to eat. For example, about a week ago I made some cinnamon roles. It called for the same amount of flour as one batch of bread makes. So, a lot. Well, It made 10. Dan had 3, and I had 7...all in 1 day. Yup. I haven't felt very well since that day, and that's not the last time since then that I did that same thing, only with different desserts. So, I'm trying to resist.

Kevin said...

I would eat 30 of those cheesecake things before I'd even hold one of them fried pickles.