11.29.2010

Whirlwind...


Things have been so busy here it seems... I can't believe it's already been almost 2 months since we got married. Let me give you a little run down of life...
We got back from our road trip from Illinois to Arizona...and that next weekend Darons son Joey got married. Then a couple days after that we had our cruise. We had a couple 'normal' weeks at home...then Darons dads wife Marge was sick in the hospital...so we went up to Payson (about an hour and a half north of us) and visited her on a Saturday...then we got a call on Sunday that she wasn't waking up and so they rushed her down to the hospital in Phoenix. The doctors said they were sure she'd wake up and that she'd be fine...but Monday the 15th I was almost to work and Daron called me and said that now they were saying she wasn't going to make it much longer and we should go see her. So...awkward of all awkward things...Daron picks me up from the office and we went to the hospital where she is hooked up to a breathing tube and unconscious and her kids from her first marriage are there and Melissa (Darons sister) and Darons dad Dwight is there and her first husband is there...and then there's ME. I've never met her (cause I didn't go back to her room when we visited her in Payson a few days before) and I barely knew Dwight at all...so I felt really stupid. But...I didn't make an issue of it cause I didn't want to attract attention to myself. So after a couple hours or so of being there she died. That was on a Monday and so that Saturday was her memorial back up in Payson.
And then we had Thanksgiving on Thursday. I was a little stressed out cause I wanted to make the rolls that my dad always makes that taste like perfection with leftover turkey and cranberries. I also wanted to make a lemon meringue pie. Well...lets just say it was a little stressful. My first one didn't turn out at all...so I ended up dumping it down the garbage disposal. But...after a pep talk with Tuna...then one with my mom...then with Daron...and then after getting my dad on the phone and him meticulously talking me through every detail...I was able to make a passable pie and DIVINE rolls! I also made two pumpkin pies...but that wasn't nearly as stressful...

So it ended up being a really good day. Darons whole family was there...including his dad who came down from Payson. His sister and her husband and two kids were there...as well as his mom Judy. Me and Hannah did a puzzle after dinner...which was nice.

So now we have Christmas to get through...but I'm looking forward to it!

3 comments:

We're All Wright said...

You did it!!! I still can't make rolls and my pies don't look nearly that good. Wow!!

tacy said...

Is that the can opener Joan got you in the pumpkin pie picture?

Katy Wilson said...

the very one...i love it.