3.10.2010

Nevada....check...

When I write a blog I very rarely just sit down and write one. Usually I think about what I want to say...think about what pictures I should use...what the title should be...and so on...

So I was 'planning' this blog today and in preparation I decided to give my self a little 'quiz' and I grabbed a blank piece of paper and tried to name all the states without looking at a map (or course)...I got 47 of the 50, but one of them was Washington DC and I couldn't for the life of me remember if that counts as one of the 50 states or not. So, after checking and rechecking my list over I finally pulled up a list on the internet only to realize two things: Washington DC is not considered one of the 50 states and I HAD LEFT ILLINOIS OF MY LIST!!! I was ashamed and embarrassed.

But...onto my reason for the blog today...

In a matter of hours I will be able to cross another state off of my list of unvisited states...and that 'list' looks like this...




On Friday me and Stacie take of for LAS VEGAS for Danielle's wedding! I am excited about going since I have never been, and what is really exciting is my list of pressed penny machines to visit in between here and there...


On a side note...I really want to expand my 'list' of states and make it more purple than gray...

When you look at the map it is no wonder I've never seen the ocean yet... I stick pretty well to the inner states...having only traveled to one or two borders (and don't be fooled by this map, there is no ocean south of Arizona I promise you)...

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Your post made me laugh out loud, because as I was doing laundry to day I found a pressed penny and thought to myself, why would anyone spend 50cents to ruin 1cent. I have really been working on teaching the kids the value of money!! Well it seems there are people out there who do collect these things so 50 cents for a souvenir I guess that's not so bad after all!! So go ahead and smash those pennies!!

Unknown said...

Opps I (Laura) am stilled logged on emmitt's account!!

Amanda said...

If you want to finish off those pesky New England states, you have a place to stay (meaning with us, until December. Better get busy)

We're All Wright said...

Hey Come to Washington!!! We have plenty of room for you and whoever you bring. You can even see the ocean and take a ferry ride out thru the San Juan Islands!!! Come on it is cheaper when you have friends with extra beds who really like you!!

JHayes said...

Where is the wedding at?

Katy Wilson said...

Mandalay Bay is where the wedding is...

Alanna said...

You can schedule a trip to WA when I am there over the summer...we would have lots of flun exploring...and there's plenty of room at my parent's house! :) Have fun in Vegas