2.22.2010

The parents...

So my parents have been visiting this weekend. They flew in Thursday night and they fly out tomorrow...and we have had a grand old time! I was an awful picture taker...but I thought I would recap our weekend quickly...

We started Friday by visiting my office and driving around downtown Phoenix a little. Stacie me up with us later that day and spent pretty much the rest of the weekend with us. That night we went and saw Mary Poppins that was playing here in town! It was cute...quite a bit different than the Disney movie...and quite a bit longer...but still really cute!

Then Saturday we went grocery shopping and then drove up South Mountain (and I forgot my camera which made me really mad) and saw the gorgeous view of the valley from way up there. Then we shopped at Lane Bryant and got my mom a couple of pairs of jeans that actually fit here (needless to say they were about 2 or 3 sizes smaller than what she's been wearing) and then went to Stacies house that night and played cards with her and her family!

Sunday we went to church and then came home and made dinner for all my roommates and just hung out and and my dad made CINNAMON ROLLS which were DIVINE!!

Today we got up and went to breakfast at T.C. Eggingtons and then headed over to the Wildlife World Zoo and Aquarium. It was raining lightly off and on the whole time we were there, but it was still ok. As you can see my parents had a very 'hands on' experience at the zoo! You are so close to most of the animals you can't help but to reach out and pet them! Then we did a little more grocery shopping and then had dinner at The Cheesecake Factory with Whitney.

It was a good time...and I'm so glad they came! I wish they could stay longer, but life has to move on I guess. I feel bad that they are going back to nasty blizzards and cold, and it's only going to get nicer and nicer here over the next few days!







7 comments:

tacy said...

I can't believe they let those nasty fowl eat out of their hands. I almost threw up when I saw that.

ashlee jean said...

lol i was just thinking to myself "hmmm i wonder what tacy's reaction will be to her parentals being friendly to those birdies."

im glad they could visit you katy!

JHayes said...

Wow, your folks haven't changed a bit. Say "hi" to them for me.

Jessie said...

Super fun! I can't wait until I come to visit you and see it the animals. It is a little creepy they are feeding the birds. I would be afraid they would bite me...

Kathy N said...

You guys are wimps! The ducks were VERY cute and VERY friendly. It really was amazing how close you could get to the animals We even got to see kangaroos and wallabies up close . . . 3 kanga's even had little 'roos' in their pouches! We had a grand time...and thank you to Katy and Stacie (and all the roommates) for being so hospitable!

Alanna said...

So fun to have family (especially parents) come visit! Looks like you stayed busy and had fun

Stacie said...

I had so much fun tagging along with you guys!!!!