2.08.2010

The good and the bad...

The Good:

*Today I got to go to Staples with the office Staples card. I love that!

*I got my blog prize from my sister Tacy on Saturday!! I haven't taken a picture of it yet...but I will soon and I'll show you all the talent that Tacy has...

*I have kept my bedroom reasonably clean for the past week or so...that is always good news

*When filing my taxes this year I only have to file for two jobs and one state...unlike last year where it was 6 jobs and two states...

*The weather here is PERFECT... it is perfectly cool during the day and at night there is just enough chill in the air to sleep with your bedroom window open and you still want to have a blanket or two on...

*My parents are going to be here in 10 days!!

The Bad:

*I think I have a gallbladder issue. I have had a few 'attacks' and everyone has told me that's what they think it is...so I finally went to the doctor last week and I am scheduled to have an ultrasound and blood work done tomorrow to see...unless I'm too fat for the ultrasound...then we'll do something else I guess... (but...on the good side of things...I got a prescription for Vicoden :)

*My parents are only staying for 4 days...

*I talked to my mom this morning and she told me that my Grandma is probably not going to live much longer. Like...maybe a month or two. I am not very well acquainted with death, so it's weird for me to think about. I've known a few people who died...but no one that was REALLY close to me or related to me, or, I was too young to know or remember them.
For as long as I can remember my grandma has been 'frail'...and especially these last few years she has gotten sicker and in a way...(and most of my family agrees with this I think) she has been ready to die. At least it seems that way. So, I'm sad...and I will be crying like baby when that day comes I'm sure...but I think it will be a good thing. I do worry about my Grandpa though...it's weird to think of him without Grandma... but I guess there is a comfort knowing that this life isn't the end...and eventually we will all be one luscious family together again (I think I will write a song called 'One Luscious Family Together Again...sounds like a winner)

6 comments:

mom said...

Good: Congratulations on keeping your room clean! Have you filed your taxes yet . . . that will get you a little more money you could use, especially if you do it before you go to Vegas. I am SO excited to come, and especially excited since you have kept your room clean (jk).
BAD: Vicoden can be very addictive you know! At least it is 4 days - we can do a lot in 4 days. Isn't it a wonderful thought that we can be 'one lucious family together again'!

tacy said...

What is this about grandma??!?!!?!!! This is a classic example of us not being told ANYTHING! I'm pissed.

Sarah Harward said...

I, too, got my gift in the mail from Tacy. SUPER CUTE! (at least my thing was. Do you think we got the same thing?)
How sad about your grandma. I love your grandparents!!

Kevin said...

Sorry to hear about your Grandma. Mine died while I was on my mission & I was the only one that didn't get to go to the funeral. Take advantage of the time you have left with her, however little it may turn out to be.

6 jobs?!?!

Alanna said...

I am so sorry to hear about your grandma. I lost both of my grandma's within a couple months of each other last yer. it was REALLY hard. It still is at times when I want to go visit one of them or call one of the. I still have not erased my grandma Mary's number from my phone (she and my grandpa are both gone).

Alayna said...

Sorry to hear about your g-ma. That is tough. And sorry to hear about the gallbladder. I too had some gallbladder issues. But 2 days after my birthday I gave myself the best birthday present ever: surgery to remove my gallbladder. The best decision I have ever made! Life without a gallbladder is blissful!