11.24.2009

so much to do...so little time...

I am quickly running out of time to get all my little projects done...but...I think I finally finished the last one a few minutes ago!!

Even before I was 'temporarily laid off' I was going to make Happy Thanksgiving gifts for everyone in my office. I've done it for the past few holidays, so I wanted to keep up the tradition. Plus...I have a huge need for people to like me...

Here is what I made:

It is supposed to look like Indian corn, but some of the circles I used were bigger than suggested, so they look sort of fat for corn, but I still think they turned out pretty cute. I got the idea from here ... If you like crafting or making things...that is DEFINITELY the website to check out. She has TONS of ideas and almost everything come with tutorials on how to do it...(I found a few Christmas presents on this blog!) And everything is really pretty easy...

Then, I told my mom I would get a bunch of cards made for her for some gifts she wants to give...so I stayed up till 3:45 a.m. last night getting enough made...here are some of the ones I did...
Nothing amazing... but good enough I think...
Let me tell you what a relief it is to get those cards done...ever since I knew I'd be going home before Thanksgiving I have been in a panic to get it all done...
Ok...now I actually have to pack essential things...like clothes...since I leave in about 16 hours...
(Well, once I say it out loud it sounds like plenty of time...)

6 comments:

Lyd said...

So cute!! I swear you are so creative. I think your Indian corn looks great! I love that Mr. Potato Head and little owl on that blog! I want one! :D Thanks for sharing!

Sarah Harward said...

So very cute! I found a card today that I made for you, and I wrote a note in, and never mailed, from before you even moved to Arizona!! How pathetic is that? I just might mail it anyway...

tacy said...

Cute cards Katy! And cute "corn". That isn't really what I was picturing when you were telling me what they look like but whatever...

Christensen Kids said...

You did such a great job! Love all of it!!

JHayes said...

Nice looking cards Katy. Sorry about the job, seems to be going around these days. Have a safe trip home and tell your folks "hello" for me. Happy Thanksgiving!

Jessie said...

Super cute cards! Im excited you are on your way home!