1.28.2008

Are you sure?

So today I had to go to the Wal-Mart and purchase amongst other things...NyQuil. So I'm at the little self-checker outer and I scan the NyQuil and it says that I have to have approval, so the lady comes over and scans her little card to verify she is an employee and she looks at me and says "Are you 18?" "Yep," I said. She looks at me with some sort of you-look-like-some-punk-seventeen-year-old-that-wants-nothing-more-than-to-buy-NyQuil-illegally-and-do-who- knows-what-with-it look. Then she says "Are you sure?" I respond "Yep, I'm 25". "Ok," she mutters, and approves my purchase.
I'm not sure how I feel about that.

4 comments:

Sarah Harward said...

You crack me up!! I also think it's funny that she didn't believe that you were over 18! You're just a spring pup!!

Anonymous said...

Thats funny kitten! Aren't you very proud of me for posing a comment on your blog thing!

Alanna said...

Yeah, you are in the blogging world! I just love it. I used to be addicted to it and check everyone's page daily but life seems to be moving a bit too fast for me and I can't keep up right now...the whole dating thing is difficult when trying to work and do other stuff too...don't get me wrong, I am enjoying it...just trying to find balance.

Anonymous said...

guess who found time in her oh so busy schedule to read a certain older sisters random musings.....