2.20.2012

So my best friend Sarah got to come visit me for a few days as an anniversary gift from her husband!!  Needless to say...I didn't take very many pictures to document her trip...because they would of mostly been of us sitting around and talking.  We did PLENTY  of that.  Daron kept saying "well...I wanted to do (fill in the blank) but you guys wouldn't shut up long enough for me to say it...so never mind".  One thing we did plenty of was eat out.  Sarah said there were a couple places she really wanted to go...so we obliged!  This was us at the Melting Pot!  So yummy!  Once again I need to say to Steven "THANK YOU!" for her gift!!

We decided to go on a picnic this Sunday after church.  We have a book that describes a lot of back roads driving around Arizona...and I was looking through it and found one of the trails was not far from our house! So we packed up a picnic lunch and headed out after church.  It was BEAUTIFUL!  The weather was perfect and it was a place none of us had been before.  I tried to take good pictures...but it's hard to document how really pretty it was up there!


Bryan got a gun for Christmas, so we brought it with us and 'shot stuff'...

When we were pulled over taking pictures of a gorgeous view...we saw this little chipmunk on  the rock right next to us.  As soon as it knew we saw it...he ran behind the rock...but every few seconds he would poke his head up over it to see if we were still there...so cute!


What you don't know from this picture is that earlier when he was trying to 'conquer' the mountain...he slid right back down and about busted his ankle!








3 comments:

mom said...

It really does look pretty! So glad you had a good time talking with Sarah. Every woman needs that once in a while. Maybe we can do that some day. I love you!

Jillian said...

I am so glad your friend got to visit you!!! It is always so fun to have visitors :) The pictures came out really nice - pretty!! <3

tacy said...

I'm glad you had fun. I'm not a huge fan of cactus and brown, but it still looks pretty.