4.26.2011

Maybe it's just me...

Do you ever go through a big list of crafting blogs and just get real depressed thinking about all the crafty things you never do.  And then you start to think about it you get real mad at those 'oh so freaking perfect' women who have it all together and can do meticulously annoying craft projects and work on photo shop and online scrapbooking in their immaculate office.

And they make all of their daughters the cutest matching outfits with ruffles and fake flowers and all of her boys the most 'darling' matching ties.  And the kids rooms are all clean with matching decorations and it never gets messed up and her kids aren't nasty little piglets.


And she makes new decor to every day that she puts up around her perfectly decorated house. 



And every room is so nice you could spend all day just in the entryway or the laundry room.


And everything has a place and there is a place for everything.




I mean...where do they find the time!  After getting up at the buttcrack of dawn to get kids to school and then working an 8 hour day...figuring what to make for dinner...cleaning up dinner...cleaning up something else like a bathroom or bedroom...then probably having to do a load of laundry or two...where do you find time for any of it?

8 comments:

mom said...

Now you know why our house never looked like that...I have never been and never will be that organized or creative. But I look at those things and ask myself the same question.

Sarah Harward said...

AMEN!!! I'm almost in tears over here because I feel that SAME EXACT WAY!! To the point that some day I know I'm not emotionally stable enough to look at certain blogs!!! (I'm typing this in my bedroom (not an office) with hershey kiss wrappers all around the desk (thanks to the kids Easter baskets), my bed is unmade, I have 3 loads of laundry spewing out of baskets waiting to be folded, and a baby down stairs in the swing crying. THAT is my reality!!!)

Jason and Jessica Bills said...

I think about that ALL the time. I wish that I could be THAT person. They probably don't sleep at night and ignore there kids during the day. That is my only explaination for it.

Sarah...you just described my house to the T.

mom said...

also, remember that all those pictures are just staged...it only looks like that long enough to take the pictures. The rest of the time it looks cluttered just like normal people's houses! (At least that is what I keep telling myself)

Jillian said...

I totally feel you!!! I am feeling deprived of creativity because I NEVER . HAVE . THE . TIME . Although I did just make 14 cards with the Cricut cutter, but they didn't come out perfect like I wanted, and I rushed through them :( AND it took me like 4+ hours to make them all, too. Man oh man, I wish there was more time in the day!!

Christensen Kids said...

I read this right after I posted on my blog about a couple of pillows I had sewn. lol. I have a little more time because I don't work full time out of the house and I have 4 kids in school. BUT in NO way does my house look like that! Only truly in my dreams. I think those women are like the celebrities....they may look great on the cover, but in reality they are just like us...

tacy said...

I've been watching an old british tv show lately and in quite a few of the episodes a married woman will say "Before I was married I worked as a (insert job here)". Or someone will ask a newly married woman, "What was your job before you were married?" As if now that she is married her job is now to just be married. So...where does this fit in to your blog...I'm not sure, but I'm sure it does somehow.

p.s. my verification word is "Unstick" I don't think I've ever had a real word be my verification word.

Lisa and Dan said...

Oh yes, i think about that. Usually when I look at my cousin's blog, and a couple other very crafty friends I have. It would be nice to even have a tiny bit of that ability...including the money to help that happen. I'm sure it takes a bit of money to be so crafty and cute. Maybe in 20 years I will be that crafty and cute...when the kids are grown and out of the house (: