6.18.2010

Nubbins...

It's storming tonight and our dog Nubbins is absolutely petrified of storms...but...I have to admit I sort of like it! Nubbins isn't usually a very warm and cuddly dog...he likes to be in the same room as you...but doesn't like to be on your lap or really touching you at all...unless it's storming...and then he is right there next to you and on top of you if he can be. If you're walking around the house he is right at your heels and when you sit down he is next to you begging to be picked up. Then when you do pick him up he is shaking like crazy! If he wasn't such a sad and pathetic little thing I would with for storms more often.

In other news...things are going pretty good here in Nauvoo so far... We've only been back for a little over 2 weeks...but it feels like a lot longer than that! I'm back at the Adventure Zone again, and at the Fudge Factory as well. Just like old times! I called the flower shop to let her know I was back in town and ready to help her for the summer and fall (like we had agreed on before I left Arizona), but she said she no longer needed my help and that if I wasn't going to be staying in Nauvoo I shouldn't get my footings here. So, I am just working at the other two places.

I realize that most people who read this probably know why I won't be staying in Nauvoo forever...but then some of you may not...so I'll fill you in. It looks as though I will be getting married in October! It's crazy I know...but I'm happy and excited... I'll write a more detailed blog about it all later...I wouldn't want to waste all my good topics in one blog!!!


11 comments:

Kevin said...

So, wait, she doesn't need you after all? Wouldn't that have been good to know before you moved back?

Sarah Harward said...

So it's a pretty sure thing then, huh? I'm SUPER excited for you and can't wait to see you in July!!

Wilkerson Family said...

Congratulations! I had no idea such big things were going on. I'm excited about reading all about it. :)

Alanna said...

Wow, did not know such things were happening! I wondered by some things on facebook but was never really sure...I am excited for you! YAY

Sarah Harward said...

Oh yeah, I hope you're thinking early in October, because it might ruin my life if I can't come because I'm too fat with child!! Not that you have to schedule your wedding around me, but seriously, I'd probably cry for EVER if I couldn't be there...just so you know! ;) Can't wait to see you in July and I can't wait to meet him!!!

Lyd said...

I love Nubbins...even though I've never met him. So cute!

CONGRATS!! That is SO exciting!! :D Can't wait to hear about your boy!

Laura said...

anxiously awaiting the blog with the details!!!!! :)

Joanne said...

So the little rumors here and there have turned out to be fact. Wahoo! Congratulations. Don't keep us all anxious for too long. I'm super happy for you.

JHayes said...

Hey, congrats Katy! That's awesome, keep us posted!

Alayna said...

Seriously? Wow. Maybe if you have the wedding the end of October I can be there...

Alayna said...

Dear Katy,
I am dying to see/hear more about your man and your ring!
Love,
Alayna