10.14.2009

Dear 'Mom and Dad'...

I am wondering who 'mom and dad' is from the comment on my previous post. Clearly you aren't my real mom and dad, because my mom doesn't carve pumpkins (even though she does a lot of other really important things that week like bring us food and pays for me to come home!) and my dad wouldn't be offering to help since he has no choice in the matter. So, I'm just wondering who you are and telling you that you are more than welcome to come help carve pumpkins!! (unless you happen to be under the age of 12...)


In other news....I am having a very luscious day!! I am getting a lot of work done (so much so that I feel I can take a second to write a blog...) and it is so nice outside... Nice enough that I shut the air conditioning off and opened my front door to the office. And, the thing that I like the most is hearing all of the airplanes. I work probably 2 or 3 miles from the airport so it is really loud with the sound of the planes. I think I like the noise so much because it reminds me of being a little kid and going on vacation to Utah. When we would be playing outside I always remember hearing the sounds of the planes taking off at the Salt Lake Airport and I was facinated by it. So, I sort of like getting to listen to that sound all winter long... The only problem is that it sometimes gets so lound that I don't hear my phone ringing until it tells me I have a new messageor I look over and see the light blinking...

8 comments:

tacy said...

I hate to spoil any fond memories you may have of our vacations as youth...but i'm pretty sure you heard planes take off from hill air force base, not the airport.

Katy Wilson said...

whatever...

Sarah Harward said...

I hope 'mom and dad' fess up soon, because I think I've checked your blog 3 or 4 times this afternoon to see if they've turned themselves in. I CAN'T STAND SUSPENSE!!!!

mom said...

I am curious too. I am glad you had such a good day!

Lisa and Dan said...

OOPs. Sorry Katy. That was me. I was looking at blogs at my mom's house on her account. I didn't think about that when I published a comment. So, that was Lisa (: I hope I didn't say anything horrible now with all these comments wondering who I am! That would be embarrasing.

Katy Wilson said...

yeah!!! mystery solved...( I should of guessed with the word familia)...and of course you should come carve pumpkins!!

Sarah Harward said...

I can sleep tonight, now that I know who it was! Thanks Lisa for fessing up in a timely manner. I would have gone crazy if I had to wait for months or something!!!

tacy said...

yay!! it's lisa!!! Lisa, call Jennifer Smith and she'll get you all squared away with carving and cleaning times!! We need the help!