11.14.2008

The run run run run runaround...



So if you have read my previous entries you know that I am currently without internet at my house because my former roomate took the modem for our internet. We have spent many weeks webless and Ashlie finally decided it was too much to take so we called Cox up and got our internet connected again. We were able to do this because our friend Whitney that works with us at Lane Bryant gave us her old modem that she had used for a previous Cox internet account.
So, Ashlie gets the modem...hooks it up...and calls Cox to push whatever little button they push to let us have the internet. Well...the technician on the phone says that the modem is still 'attached' to a previous owner and that owner has to call and 'release' the modem so we can use it. So...no problem...we call Whitney and she calls them to 'release' it. Well...they tell her that she was not the primary account holder. So she tells them it was probaby her mom or dads name on the account, but she was paying for it so she should be able to release it. Well...no...her mom or dad has to call in to release the modem. So...we have another modem that anohter friend gave us and so Ashlie calls and tries to hook that one up...but it is an old model and doesn't work anymore. So she mentions we have a newer modem that a friend gave us but that a technician at Cox told us that the previous owner had to call and 'release' that modem...well this technician says that that is not their policy and they have never heard of that rule. They said to have the friend give them a call and they will straigten this out. So...Whitney gives them a call again and she gets this whole run around again about how she is not the account holder. OK...fine...so she has her parents call in and both of them talked to a Cox technician and they say that neither of them are the account holders and the account holder has to be the one that calls in. But...they won't tell us who the account holder is...and it was definatly either Whitney, or one of her parents...so we are hosed. We have a stupid modem that can't be 'released'...and let me tell you...motems are $60...who has $60 dollars? Not me...no...definatly not me. What gets me is that 1/2 of the technicians she talked to said that there is no such rule as 'releasing a motem' and the other half say it needs to be 'released'. I'm about to release something...on someone...
So pretty much we are paying for the internet right now...but we don't have it because we don't have a motem...lame...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a mess...you need to get the names of the technicians you talk to, especially the ones who tell you there is no such rule, so you can tell whoever says it has to be 'released' that so and so said there is no such rule! Does that make sense? Good Luck! I am tired of you not having the internet too!

Unknown said...

??? wow that totally sucks ???

Christensen Kids said...

Gotta love customer service..hmmm...wonder who their serving :-)

Wilkerson Family said...

That stinks... I hate working with different customer service people. No one ever tells you the same thing.

Sarah Harward said...

Oh, this makes me so mad!! It reminds me of the crap I had to deal with with DirecTV! Things like this seriously make my blood boil!! Hope you get it worked out soon. I have a modem we aren't using (I think) and I'll gladly send it to you (unless it has to be a COX modem, because ours isn't). But if you just need any modem, I'll see if I can find our old one and mail it to you to use.