I was re-reading through some old blogs from last year and I used to be a really cool blogger. I suck super bad at it lately...
Here is a blog that has been a long time coming. But...I doubt it is anything new to anyone...
About a month or two ago I was on the phone with my sister and she informed me that Marty Hopp was going to retire at the end of the year. Marty owns Hilltop Floral, where I did my internship during school. She then suggested that I move home and open a flower shop...I would have a corner on the market and be able to do something I've always like doing...
To make a really long story short....I'M DOING IT! I am moving home in 4 weeks. I will be working with Marty until the end of the year...and then hopefully sometime shortly after that I will open my own shop...with the help of Marty and family and anyone who would like to be an investor in my little idea!

My friend Stacie is going to move with me! She will be there for at least the summer...and depending on how the job search goes (she is waiting to hear back about a teaching position here in Chandler) she may stay longer!

Here is the cool thing about this plan. Quite a few weeks back when me and Stacie were trying to make a final decision about whether to stay in AZ or go to Illinois...we both came up with our main reasons why we shouldn't go.
Me:
1- My one and only reason for thinking I shouldn't go was my job. I really like my job! I like the people, I like what I do, I have insurance...it just didn't make sense for me to quit.
Stacie:
1-She didn't have a job here and was worried she wouldn't be able to come up with enough money to move and have some to live off of for a while in Illinois.
2-She was really worried about actually finding a job in Nauvoo once we got there.
Since then, Stacie has substitute taught almost every day for about 3 weeks (previously she was only doing once, maybe twice a week). And...she has 3 jobs lined up for when we get home! (can you live in Nauvoo and only have 1 job? I don't think so)
And...come to find out...this big contract my boss had with the City of Phoenix...the one that got put on hold for 6 weeks this winter resulting in me 'losing my job' for 6 weeks...Dave found out early last week that the City of Phoenix is backing out of the contract they had with us...and that project is going to be over at the end of July...so...odds are...I would of lost my job then anyway...or at least been cut back to part time...
I just think it is AMAZING that our 3 really only hesitations with moving to Nauvoo have now become obsolete...in just a matter of weeks!!
So that is the plan! I am SUPER excited and SUPER SUPER nervous about this new adventure...but I feel really good about it and hopefully it will all work out well...